2940U2W under Linux 2.4.x

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Sun Aug 26 23:36:38 PDT 2001

>It was statically compiled in (I'm booting from a SCSI disk).  Is it
>possible to boot from a SCSI disk when the driver is a module?  I would
>guess so, as somehow the kernel gets bootstrapped far enough be able to
>be loaded itself.  If it'll help I can try it.
>
>Larry

I'm still brain storming on this one...

One more piece of information that might be useful would be
a stack trace from the "Waiting List inconsistency" printf.
Can you edit drivers/scsi/aic7xxx/aic7xxx.c:ahc_search_qinfifo()
~line 5168 (my copy may be slightly different).  To make the printf
into a panic?  If you then add the kdb patches to your kernel from
oss.sgi.com/projects/kdb, the panic will drop you into the debugger where
fetching a stack trace can be done with the "bt" command.

--
Justin