Boot Delays and Messages on RH7.1 Linux + AHA2940AU

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Wed Aug 1 18:37:09 PDT 2001

>I'm experiencing painful delays during attempts to boot my Linux system.  This
>is Redhat 7.1 with a recompiled generic 2.4.7 kernel.

Two things.

1) Can you try using the 6.2.0 version of the aic7xxx driver?  You
can get patches for 2.4.6, which will apply to 2.4.7, from here:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

2) Run with aic7xxx=verbose either by adding an append line to
/etc/lilo.conf (assumes driver is statically compiled into the
kernel) or by adding an option line in /etc/modules.conf.  Once
you've done this, send me your kernel messages that indicate the
error as well as the full probe messages for the controller.

--
Justin