2940AU problems

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Sun Apr 8 16:25:00 PDT 2001

>badblocks got through the first write operation but then fell over with an Oop
>during the subsequent read.  So not much change there!
>
>As per your previous offer, I'd like to know what I might do next?

First off, provide as much information as you can about the
failure.  Where did the oops occur?  You can determine that
by installing kdb and using its trace command or by copying
down all of the oops information and feeding it to ksymoops.
What type of system do you have?  The best way to get this info
is to compile the aic7xxx driver into your kernel, feed LILO
"aic7xxx=verbose" in the append line, and send me the output
of the dmesg command.

Most of the diagnostics in the driver pertain to aborts/timeouts.
You haven't gotten to that point yet. ;-)

--
Justin