Support for Adaptec AVA-2906?

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 12:37:57 PDT 2000

Jim Elliott wrote:

> Ah, wonderful! This information is very helpful to me.
>
> I tracked down the RPM containing lspci, and installed it. Strangely
> enough, I'm not seeing an entry for the Adaptec card at all. I'm
> currently suspecting that it may not be seated properly or some such
> silly problem. When I have a chance at home I'll open up the box again
> and double-check that.
>
> Once I get the card to show up, I have no qualms about attempting the
> hack you've described below--I've already recompiled the kernel 4 or 5
> times in the process of experimenting with getting this card working.
> Although, now that I'm loading aic7xxx as a module, I'd really only need
> to recompile and reinstall the module, wouldn't I?

This is all pretty much correct, although since the card isn't showing up at
all, for all I know, when you get it to show up the module might work without
these hacks ;-)

--

 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>  http://people.redhat.com/dledford
      Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before