Yamaha_crw8424 on Adaptec_aha1480

Klaus Eisenblaetter kleisen at gmx.net
Wed Nov 22 09:39:21 PST 2000

Hi,

problems while using Yamaha_crw8424 as a cdrom drive. Writing and
rewriting semms to work. On the Yamaha.de website the problem is described
as a `sync' problem (what ever that is), the problem mainly occures
with adaptec 2940U/WU controllers. On Adaptec website are some patches
for DOS and Win to fix the problem. I found out that the chipset of these
contolles is an aic7xxx, the same used by aha1480_cb.

Is there an option I can give to the aic7xxx driver to eteminate the
problem? I´ve already read `/usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/README.aic7xxx',
maybe somebody can help me, wich option will help.

With windows98 the drive works after hitting the `sync' button in the
drive preferences. With the old Adaptec_apa1460 the device is working
witout problems but in slower mode, so the drive seems to be OK.

Cheers Klaus