Question about throughput

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Nov 6 08:30:10 PST 2000

Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> I do meet those two items. I assume tagged queueing to be the case then.

On my later aic7xxx drivers (I assume my driver was the basis for your work, I
could be wrong on that), the aic7xxx_proc.c file prints out the
tagged_queueing status for each device in the /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/? files.  If
TQ isn't enabled in the driver though, then it will create a bottleneck in
your tests.  In earlier aic7xxx drivers, TQ was enabled by a compile time
define.  In later drivers the compile time define just changed whether TQ was
turned on by default and support was always compiled into the driver.  If
you'll send the output of your /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0 (or whatever controller
number these devices are on) file then I can tell easy enough if it's enabled
(it should probably be pretty obvious to you as well).

--

 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>  http://people.redhat.com/dledford
      Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before