Adaptec 29160N

Karl-Heinz Herrmann k.-h.herrmann at fz-juelich.de
Fri May 19 02:25:30 PDT 2000

On 18-May-00 Doug Ledford wrote:
> It handles the low level protocol communications between the
> controller
> card and the devices and it also is responsible for the majority of
> the
> communications between the card and the kernel level driver.

Now I'm curious: The code which handles all the communications (devices
and back to the OS/kernel) is downloaded *into* the card when it's
initialised? Or did I get something wrong here?

That seems like a quite central part of the card Firmware and I'm
astonished that this is changed regular basis by the OS....

K.-H.

E-Mail: Karl-Heinz Herrmann <k.-h.herrmann at fz-juelich.de>
Date: 19-May-00      Time: 11:21:59