aic7xxx timeout errors on boot

Ariel as at dsgml.com
Wed Mar 15 09:17:52 PST 2000

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Martin Kerler wrote:

> Sorry that I can't help, but perhaps it's good to know, that you're not
> alone with this problem.

I too have the same problem, only with me it's from a Chinon CD, Philipp
also has the same problem.

Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com> knows about it but he said he needs
more info to try to solve it.

I noticed the various boot options to the driver, panic on abort for
instance, but they all give a very large number of HEX values - with no
way of sending the data other then perhaps a digital camera - or error
prone write it down on paper and copy it.

Is there any way to redirect these numbers to a file?

I don't think I can load the driver as module since I need SCSI to boot my
system - am I wrong? Can I perhaps cause it to skip the ID with the chinon
CD, and try it again after the system booted?

	-Ariel