aic7xxx=#####: how?

Chris Webster chris at raf.atd.ucar.edu
Fri Jun 2 09:24:41 PDT 2000

I have been trying to use the "aic7xxx=verbose" option.  However, I'm
either incorrectly executing it, or can't find where the messages are
going.

Adding

aic7xxx=verbose to lilo.conf produces a syntax error when running lilo.
So at the lilo prompt during boot I type in:

linux aic7xxx=verbose
or
linux "aic7xxx=verbose"

But nothing appears in /var/log/messages....

And finally where is the "noapic" option documented?

--Chris