7899 & 7880

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 05:38:21 PDT 2000

Stephane Bunel wrote:

> Doug Ledford a écrit :
> >
> > Mark Tiramani wrote:
> >
> > > Dell are '...using two Northbridges which messed up PCI device detection
> > > and another problem that messed up the IO-APIC in the kernel.'
> >
> > FWIW, these have been working in the Red Hat kernels since the 6.1 release.  I
> > wrote the PCI probe code that made the devices get found and I can't remember
> > who wrote the IOAPIC patch.  They are both in the Red Hat kernel RPMs.
>
>   What about a Debian user using classical kernel ?
>   Must I waiting for a new kernel release ?

No, you must patch your kernel your self.  We (meaning Red Hat) have never
once kept a patch away from users of other distributions, you can always find
the patches we applied to the kernel or anything else in the .src.rpm file for
the item you are interested in.  In this case, the kernel-2.2.14-12.src.rpm
(and several earlier kernel rpms as well) has the patches you are talking
about in it.  It's up to you to get that src rpm and extract those patches and
apply them to your own kernel tree.

--

 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>  http://people.redhat.com/dledford
      Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before