7899 & 7880

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Apr 21 10:55:47 PDT 2000

Mark Tiramani wrote:

> Dell are '...using two Northbridges which messed up PCI device detection
> and another problem that messed up the IO-APIC in the kernel.'

FWIW, these have been working in the Red Hat kernels since the 6.1 release.  I
wrote the PCI probe code that made the devices get found and I can't remember
who wrote the IOAPIC patch.  They are both in the Red Hat kernel RPMs.

--

 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>  http://people.redhat.com/dledford
      Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before