lockups on linux 2.2.14 or RH6.2 with intel/gateway aic7895 on-board scsi

ted at serreyn.com ted at serreyn.com
Thu Apr 6 11:20:53 PDT 2000

there still seems to be a problem with the 5.1.28 version of the aic7xxx
driver and my intel(gateway) motherboard's on board scsi controller.

Symptom is a complete lockup on loading the module especially under smp.

Currently, I do have it running in single processor mode with the following
flags on the command line.

aic7xxxx=seltime:0,panic_on_abort

It does not even appear to finish loading in smp.

I am continuing to debug, but the box is now running RH6.2.

I am also going to make sure the box still works with the old kernel
2.2.12-20smp.

Ted Serreyn
--
Ted Serreyn                     mailto://ted@serreyn.com/