2930B BIOS recognizes Multiple LUNs -- aic7xxx doesn't

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Apr 5 12:58:10 PDT 2000

"David C. Hoos, Sr." wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using an Adaptec 2930B host adapter with a SCSI-1 device
> that is actually a modem, but characterizes itself as a Direct-
> Access device with one-byte block size, and a read capacity of 10,414
> blocks, and 3 LUNs (0, 1, 2).
>
> The Host Adapter BIOS detects the three LUNs during boot up,
> but the Linux OS does not.  The host adapter BIOS shows three
> disk drives (81h), (82h), and (83h), and flags the first as D:

echo "scsi-add-single-device 0 0 4 1" > /proc/scsi/scsi
echo "scsi-add-single-device 0 0 4 2" > /proc/scsi/scsi

or else rebuild your kernel with the option PROBE_ALL_LUNS enabled in the SCSI
config.

--

 Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>  http://people.redhat.com/dledford
      Please check my web site for aic7xxx updates/answers before