AHA2842 controller doesn't work anymore?

Mike Isely isely at enteract.com
Tue Apr 4 22:31:00 PDT 2000

Well I've heard precisely zero feedback about this.  So I guess nobody's
using the AHA2842 controller anymore.  Is there *anyone* successfully
using this controller with a recent (5.1.26 or later) aic7xxx driver
version?

For what it's worth, I narrowed down the point where the breakage was
introduced.  The last working version of the aic7xxx driver (for aic7770)
is 5.1.25.  Starting with 5.1.26 the Linux kernel panics on boot with this
driver controlling an AHA2842 controller card.

I did this testing using stock 2.2.14 kernel sources, patching up the
driver to the next version after every test.  I used the same kernel
configuration each time and compiled each kernel from a clean source tree.

Suggestions anyone?

  -Mike