IWILL BS100 (AIC7895) don't boot.

Jose L. Fernandez Jambrina jambrina at gr.ssr.upm.es
Thu Oct 28 12:36:34 PDT 1999

Dear sirs,

	Today I have received my new PC equiped with an IWILL BS100 motherboard
with a built-in Adaptec 7895 dual scsi controler, and and ultrawide scsi
disk.

1. The computer has Windows98 preinstaled, so I boot it for a fasta
check. All rigth.

2. I tried to boot from the Debian rescue/boot diskette. The kernel
(version 2.0.36) issue a message complaining about a scsi terminator,
and it frezze.

3. After playing with the setup the message disapear, but the computer
din't boot. The last line was:
(scsi1) Downloading sequencer code...394 instructions loaded

4. I read the 'README.aic7xxx' and tried to boot with the kernel command
'aic7xxx=verbose,0x1ffff' and I have and screen full of extra lines, but
after the mentioned in 3., I have two extra lines
(scsi1) Resetting channel B
(scsi1:-1:-1:-1= Signaled a PCI Target Abort.

The last line takes several seconds to appear.

5. I reconfigured the system changing the drive from and scsi port to
the other, using another disk, using no disks, ... but nothing new.

Please, Help!!!, if it is posible.

	Thanks in advance.

	José,