(RH 6) on asus2b-s w/aic7xxx problem

John Major jemajor at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:12:47 PDT 1999

ARGH-

I've been trying for weeks to get my scsi drives working, this is my last
resort, so I hope someone can help......

I'm running linux(red hat 6.0) on an ASUS P2B-S mobo w/pIII 450 chip the
board has the adaptec chipset built into it(AIC-7890).

I've got linux running fine, and everything works(except my scsi drives)  I
have 2 Seagate MedalistPro 6.5gig drives(scsi wide) .
PROBLEM:
I can get into the host adapter utility at bootup, the drives are
recognized, and I can format them, so I'm assuming they are working.
BUT when Linux is booted(or installed) i get the
scsi host =0 message.  When installing the auto probe will not find the
adapter....... And it should be supported according to all of the doc's I've
read......
I'm probably overlooking something simple, but I'm stumped and ANY help
would be greaty appreciated!
Thanks-
John Major
jemajor at hotmail.com