setting tagged queueing for module, how ?

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Oct 13 08:34:57 PDT 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Gregory Hosler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I been playing around trying to set tagged queueing depth w/ the aic
> driver compiled as a module, to no avail.
>
> My boot, is a bootimage, with the aic as a loadable module.
>
> I can't seem to get the control over the tagged queueing option in
> either the lilo.conf, or conf.modules
>
> I'm sure I'm not doing it correctly, but darned if I can figure this one
> out.
>
> anyone have an example they might share, please ?

If you are using a recent version of the mkinitrd package to build the
initrd, then all you do is add a line such as:

options aic7xxx aic7xxx=tag_info:{{8.8.8.8.8.8.8}}

to the conf.modules file.  Do please take note of the use of periods
instead of commas.  If you use commas in that line, insmod will screw it
up, you have to use periods every place that you would have used a comma.

  Doug Ledford   <dledford at redhat.com>
   Opinions expressed are my own, but
      they should be everybody's.