Aha2940 Pro under linux

Conrad Heiney conrad at fringehead.org
Wed May 26 09:30:13 PDT 1999

Oddly, PGP decided to be _really_ secure and encrypt this the first time. Let's
just try it in the clear, shall we? ::blush::

I had success using the latest patch for the aic7xxx driver (5.1.16). The
patches are available at ftp.redhat.com, I believe in the pub/aic directory.

(Thanks Doug!)

conrad :)

On 26-May-99 Sebastien Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I' would like to use the aha2940 UW Pro under linux but, when loading the
> module (aic7xxx under linux-2.2.6), the kernel argues that the device is
> already used:
>
># insmod aic7xxx
> scsi : 0 hosts
> /lib/modules/2.2.6/scsi/aic7xxx.o : init_module : Device or ressource
> busy
>

> When I try to put this module in the kernel, linux discovers numerous
> devices (20 hosts) which, obviously, don't work !
>
> I looked after the options in the scsi card bios but it doesn't improve
> the situation.
>
> I looked after /proc/interrupts to see if the 11th interrupt (interrupt of
> the card) is taken but it's not !!
>
> I tried to insmod the module with different options :
> aic7xxx=irq_trigger:1 ,for example, but the kernel couldn't init the
> module...
>
> Any ideas ??
> Thanks !
> --
> Rodriguez Sébastien
> srodriguez at ifrance.com

Conrad Heiney
conrad at fringehead.org
http://fringehead.org

It's NO USE ... I've gone to "CLUB MED"!!