Problem with adaptec card and RH6.0

April Escamilla aprile at airlinksystems.com
Wed May 26 08:52:02 PDT 1999

Hello everyone,

        I recently installed a RH6.0 system and recompiled the kernel to
support the aic7xxx driver for my adaptec2940 PCI card.  I also have a
cyclades board attatched to my system, and the combination of these is
giving the system (and myself) headaches.
        During the normal lilo boot, the cyclades board is detected and
initialized to IRQ 9.  Afterwards, lilo tries to detect my scsi.  It finds
the aic7xxx driver for my card, detects the scsi card, but goes through this
apparently infinite loop:

   scsi:  1 host
   scsi:  aborting command due to timeout pid=2 scsi=0 channel=0 id=2 lun=0
test unit ready

    ##**loop follows below***

    SCSI host 0 abort (pid 2) timed out -- resetting
    SCSI buss is being reset for host 0 channel 0
    SCSI host 0 abort (pid 2) timed out -- trying harder

    The ctrl-A command during a re-boot that takes you to the adaptec bios
does indeed detect this scsi host.  This is the only scsi host in the
machine.
    If anyone has encountered this problem or knows what can be done about
it, I'd be thrilled to hear about it  :)

Thank you very very much in advace,
April Escamilla
Airlink Systems