Adaptec 3940AUW, LVD drives and Linux

Smith, Jeremy Jeremy.Smith at mmt.bellhowell.com
Tue May 25 09:39:15 PDT 1999

We use the drives extensively here in our PC's. Getting them to work with
the 3940AUW is very easy. If you have a terminated cable all that is left to
do is short jumper 6 on the drives. This jumper forces Single-Ended mode and
should be labeled accordingly on the bottom of the drive next to the jumper
block.

Hope this works for you.
Jeremy Smith
Systems Administrator