How to change IRQ??

gil gil at truepath.com
Wed May 19 03:07:23 PDT 1999

Hi,

I am trying to install a back up system in an IBM 704 running Linux Red
Hat 5.2. The IBM 704 has two built in Adaptec 2940's using the 7880
chipset.

When I compile in the AIC7xxx driver and reboot, there is a conflict
between the  SCSI RAID controller card and the 2940. It appears that the
2940 is trying to take IRQ 11 which is also being used by the SCSI
controller.

How do I resolve this? How do I change the IRQ of the 2940? I checked
the CMOS settings and I can enable and disable the two 2940's, but I
see no way of assigning an IRQ.

Gil
http://www.truepath.com
your Christ-centered web host