timeouts on AIC7890

Russell Brown russell at lls.lls.com
Thu May 6 01:33:51 PDT 1999

Quoth Dirk Lutzebaeck.....

>oh well, we heard this problem now so many times. Is somebody out
>there *without* having timeout problems with ASUS P2B-S boards with
>onboard 7890 U2W controllers and tape devices attached to the narrow bus?
>And what HW/SW configurations are these?

As I said earlier, setting the DAT to Async seems to alleviate most, if
not all, of the timeout problems with our P2B-DS based systems.

It does also seem to depend on the exact make and model of DAT - Running
them Sync; Sony SDT9000's fail most of the time whereas SDT-5000's
mostly work.

If it's any help, I do have a spare system that can be used for testing
if Doug tells me what he wants.

--
 Regards,
     Russell