AIC 7890/1 Ultra 2 under Linux

Gero Wedemann Gero.Wedemann at DKFZ-Heidelberg.DE
Tue Mar 16 09:23:25 PST 1999

Hi!

I tried to install Linux on my brandnew system:

	o Dual PII on ASUS P2B-D/P2B-DS motherboard
	o IBM DRVS U2W Disk
	o UltraPlex SCSI-CD
	o Yamaha CRW-4416S CD-writer

The SCSI-Controller is on board and properly detected by linux as an
AIC 7890/1 Ultra 2. The three drives are detected properly. After that the
starts and endless loop repeating again and again

scsi: aborting command due to timeout : pid 27, scsi0, channel 0, id3, lun
0 0x00 00 00 00 00 00

It seems that the driver seems to detect a SCSI-drive with ID 3 which is
not on the system (the other drives have the IDs 0-2). I tried booting a
bootdisk from SuSE 6.0, the newer one from their ftp-server and finally a
selfmade bootdisk with Kernel 2.2.3. The later has as far as I see on
Dougs ftp-dirctory the newest driver. All drivers give the same result.
Playing around with settings of AIC (Ctrl-A ...) does not give any
difference.

I didn't find anything in the repositry of this list about this. So is
this a bug of the driver?

Gero

Gero Wedemann
DKFZ / Division Biophysics of Macromolecules
Tlf. (+49) 6221-42-3398
email gero.wedemann at dkfz-heidelberg.de
PGP key: http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/Macromol/wedemann/mypageng.html