Probs burning CDs

Steffen Grunewald steffen at gfz-potsdam.de
Wed Jul 14 07:46:16 PDT 1999

We're currently running one machine under kernel 2.2.5 (SuSE 6.1).
We're getting byte differences between the original data (on HD)
and the CD data.

HW: Pentium class machine (1/2 yr old),
AIC-7890/1 Ultra2-LVD, Teac 55S recorder at speed 4.
Kernel 2.2.5, aic7xxx driver 5.1.13/3.2.4
mkisofs 1.12b5
cdrecord 1.8a22

the mkisofs image is OK, the differences come from the path of the
data to the CD. I suspected the iso9660 fs layer first, but reading
back the whole image from the CD produces a different image file :(

data corruption groups into 4-bytes clusters mostly, but there are
also longer blocks which differ (the 4-clusters are interleaved
by 4 bytes which don't differ)

Any idea for fixing ?

Steffen
--
Steffen Grunewald = steffen(at)gfz-potsdam.de = fax +49-331-288-1266
My opinions are mine. You can rent them. Just ask me for prices  :-)