forcing wide instead of ultra-wide !

Christian Hammers ch at genesis.westend.com
Mon Jul 5 07:01:38 PDT 1999

Hello List

Is there a possibility to force Linux (2.2.x) to use just wide modus
for a Ultra Wide SCSI System ?
I ask, because I have one SCSI drive connected to two mainboards to build
a redundant web-server. But sadly my cable length is more than 2 metres so
according to my (very bad) dokumentation only 1.5 metres would be allowed.

Any hints ?

read you,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers              WESTEND GmbH              Tel 0241/701333-0
ch at westend.com      DPN Verbund-Partner Aachen u. Dueren   Fax 0241/911879