AHA-2940i & Seagate ST34555W ....Why not work ?

Tim Fletcher tim at night-shade.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 3 02:13:59 PDT 1999

> I am trying to install Slackware 3.5 in a Pentium II 333MHz  HP Netserver E-50
> with the SCSI Card AHA-2940i/AIC-7880 and Seagete ST34555W. (Ultra Wide)
>
> When the system boot from the boot floppy disk or CD-ROM and I obtain the
> following messages and the boot fails-------
> SCSI : aborting command due to timeout : pid0, scsi0, channel 0, id 0,
> lun 0 ....
> SCSI host 0 abort (pid 0) time out - resetting
> SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0...------
>
> I do not know what can I do to solve this problem and to install Linux in
> my computer. Can anyone help me, please.

Why so old a distro?

Slackware 3.5 is old and had some "features", the latest Slackware is 4.0
which I run a number of machines and I have run it on AHA-2940i/AIC-7880
controllers with no problems. I have to say that I have been impressed
with the new slackware.

--

      Tim Fletcher                  .~.
                                    /V\       L   I   N   U   X