AHA-2940i & Seagate ST34555W ....Why not work ?

Panya Sanmuk spcom at loxinfo.co.th
Fri Jul 2 20:02:27 PDT 1999

Hello,

I am trying to install Slackware 3.5 in a Pentium II 333MHz  HP Netserver E-50
with the SCSI Card AHA-2940i/AIC-7880 and Seagete ST34555W. (Ultra Wide)

When the system boot from the boot floppy disk or CD-ROM and I obtain the
following messages and the boot fails-------
SCSI : aborting command due to timeout : pid0, scsi0, channel 0, id 0,
lun 0 ....
SCSI host 0 abort (pid 0) time out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0...------

I do not know what can I do to solve this problem and to install Linux in
my computer. Can anyone help me, please.

Thanks
Panya Sanmuk