aic7xxx BIOS and The Linux driver.

Blake C. Lewis LewisBC at missouri.edu
Tue Apr 6 21:58:36 PDT 1999

I have a problem I have been trying to diagnose. Linux runs great. You
guys are doing a bangup job. My machine works great, I'm using the 2.2.5
kernel distribution.
I have the following:
	ASUS P2B-DS
		7890 with the 3860? Tranceiver
I was wondering: How much does the Linux drivers use the Adaptec BIOS?
Why do I ask? Well NT can't seem to operate the chip set. During install
when I load the U2W drivers I get a little disk activity before NT core
dumps. I have tryed downloaded drivers as well as the drivers that came
with the Mother board. It is my understanding that the Linux drivers
replace some, if not all, of the aha-bios. Could it be that I have
corrupt bios?

I am going to flash the system bios but I do not know if that will
replace the aha-bios. Are they seperate mosters or are they integrated?
I guess if that doesn't work, could it be corrupt flash memory also?
Am I barking up the wrong tree here?
Expertise on these matters is not easy to find.
		So I'm sorry to be off topic,
					Blake

Blake C. Lewis				|	LewisBC at missouri.edu
Advance Technology Center 		|	office: 573-884-6345
100 Locust Street Building		| 	fax:    573-884-6700
Columbia,MO 65211			|	http://www.atc.missouri.edu