Installing Debian 2.0

Braden N. McDaniel braden at shadow.net
Sun Sep 27 20:38:36 PDT 1998

I'm using an AIC7895 on an Intel DK440LX motherboard.

I've got the official distribution from Linux Central, but I cannot figure
out how to initiate the installation. I have downloaded the boot disk image
and kernel package from <http://master.debian.org/~doko/aic7xxx/> and I've
made the disks disks, but I'm not sure how to use them yet.

I cannot boot the CD-ROM. When I try that, I get a message "Operating System
Not Found". I tried booting to DOS (with a Windows 98 boot disk) and running
boot.bat, but the boot would not complete (I think this is to be expected,
as the kernel on the CD doesn't properly support this SCSI controller). I've
read over the Debian install.html, but I can't figure out where I'm supposed
to go from here.

Braden

<http://www.endoframe.com>