Success with pre10 + 2.0.35

Steen Suder CAB at Earthling.net
Sun Sep 27 01:31:03 PDT 1998

Report:
The night to saturday I installed Linux on our mailserver. So far it's a success.

Setup:
Asus P2B-S with a Micropolis Tomahawk 3391WS attached on UW channel.
Pioneer IDE CDROM, 100Mbit 3COM PCI etc.

Software:
RedHat 5.1 upgraded to Linux 2.0.35-2.
kernel-source-2.0.35-2.aic5.1.0-pre10-glibc.i386.rpm from ftp.dialnet.net

What we did:
Installed the system with an "ordinary" 2940UW.
Upgraded kernel to 2.0.35-2.
Installed the kernelsource rpm from dialnet.
Configured and compiled new kernel with no modules to support U2W adapter.
Installed new kernel (lilo).
Removed 2940UW.

Thanks.

Best regards,