Cdrom problems

Scsi listbot scsi at milk.liquidnet.org
Sat Sep 26 13:01:42 PDT 1998

I'm running a 2940u2w and 2.0.35 forgot what patch but its not finding my
cdr.

(scsi0) <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra2 SCSI host adapter> found at PCI 8/0
(scsi0) Wide Channel, SCSI ID=7, 32/255 SCBs
(scsi0) Downloading sequencer code... 407 instructions downloaded
scsi0 : Adaptec AHA274x/284x/294x (EISA/VLB/PCI-Fast SCSI) 5.1.0pre5/3.2.4
       <Adaptec AHA-294X Ultra2 SCSI host adapter>
scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: PLEXTOR   Model: CD-ROM PX-6XCS    Rev: 1.00
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 2, scsi0, channel 0, id 1,
lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
  Vendor: UMAX      Model: Astra 610S        Rev: V1.3
  Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi generic sgb at scsi0, channel 0, id 3, lun 0
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 6, scsi0, channel 0, id 4,
lun 0 Test Unit Ready 00 00 00 00 00
scsi : detected 1 SCSI cdrom total.

the cdroms are both on the same cable and the scanner is on the ultra
68pin port the cdrom and scanner works fine but it doesn't find the cdr
at all.  I know it works cause it finds it in dos.  Thanks ahead of time
for anyone that helps me out...