IRQ deadlocks

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Mon Sep 21 08:50:39 PDT 1998

On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Heinz Mauelshagen wrote:

> Does the vm bug show up in kernel > 2.1.120 on SMP too?

I'm also curious; I know that there is a vm bug, but why does it strike
one person and not another?  I would have thought that if there was a
really significant problem with the aic7xxx driver and virtual memory or
memory mapping, the driver would fail for nearly everyone using the
driver in an SMP system.  Yet I'm running various incarnations of 2.0.33
and 35 and aic7xxx 5.0.x and 5.1.0prex, and as of pre10 even the latter
are awesomely stable under pretty hefty load.  Heck, even pre7 is still
running happily after weeks on those systems I haven't gotten around to
rebooting.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu