More on ARO-1130

Jake Garver garver at vulcan.valkyrie.net
Sat Sep 19 19:15:29 PDT 1998

After looking through aic7xxx.c, I know that the ARO-1130 cards
are not supported.  The ARO-1130 is based on the AIC-7810 and
the ARO-1130CA and ARO-1130SA (actually the same card, but with
different software) are based on the AIC-7815.  In the code
it recognizes a 7810, but only to state that it doesnt support it.
There is no mention of the 7815.

I'm ready to add support for at least the 7815, but I need
to know where to start.  Where can I get info on how to talk
to the card?  Does Adaptec volunteer this or do I have to reverse
engineer?  Will support for the 7815 fit comfortable with the
other 7xxx chips?  Is there an overview (besides the code) on
how the driver operates?

In short, I want to use this card with Linux and am willing
to commit a good bit of time to make it happen.  Can someone
point me in the right direction so I can make good use of this
time?

I will have a non-production machine to be able to test on.

Thanks in advance,
Jake Garver