Is the Dell Poweredge 6300 OK with Linux?

Karen_White at Dell.com Karen_White at Dell.com
Fri Sep 18 16:51:26 PDT 1998

Current versions of linux will not run on the Dell 6300.  Doug Ledford is
putting
in a change for me in his aix7xxx driver so the driver will run.  The code
in the kernel that
scans the pci bus is being changed as we speak to support scanning multiple
buses.  The 6300 has 3 and the current code does not scan all of the buses.

So, we (Dell) are currently working on getting Linux to run on the 6300 and
determining
what kernel changes need to be made to make it work.

Karen