linux 2.0.35 and aic7xxx not recognizing devices

David M. Rector dave at clean.lanl.gov
Fri Sep 11 12:39:41 PDT 1998

Please help,

I recently upgraded to RedHat Linux 5.1, which included kernel 2.0.35
now the kernel no longer recognizes the presence of my Tape drives.

I have a 2940UW with a seagate 23 gig wide disk.

I have tried disabling wide negotiation, synchronous negotiation and
	changed the transfer speed to 10MHz in the Adaptec BIOS
	Also, I have resolved IRQ conflicts

Any suggestions?

Dave Rector
*:^)