AIC and 2.1.121

W. Wade, Hampton whampton at staffnet.com
Thu Sep 10 10:57:23 PDT 1998

Ref:  my old mails re:  2940UW, wide disk on ID 0,
         narrow CD-ROM on ID 5

Under 2.1.119 I reported that the CD-ROM was
identified as a hard disk (same ID as for ID 0).
This appeared to be fixed in 2.1.120 (always found
the CD-ROM), but now with 2.1.121, it is broken
again (same messages as before).

As there do not appear to be any AIC patches between
2.1.120 and 121, I am rather confused....

Any help would be appreciated -- including patches.
BTW I have not tried disabling the bios nor
inserting a SCSI reset.....

Cheers,

--
W. Wade, Hampton

Use Linux -- stability, performance, compatibility, flexibility,
scalability, and FREE!  Support Sun and the U.S. Government!