RedHat 5.1 boot disk

Neil Conway nconway.list at ukaea.org.uk
Thu Sep 10 02:13:42 PDT 1998

Karen_White at Dell.com wrote:

> The driver does not work on a 2300 unless you turn off MMAP I/O in the
> driver.  So,
> you have to build the driver on a machine after turning off MMAP I/O in the
> source
> and then install it.  Doug is debugging the driver.  I have sent him a 2300.

Wow!  Should I infer that Dell are helping to get Linux running on a
2300 ?  If so, excellent.  I have had some other responses from Dell
when asking Linux related questions (even when the problem was a bug in
the BIOS on a Dell GXPro), so this is a nice turn for the better.

Any plans for Dell to help with getting 2300's with RAID adaptors up and
running with Linux ? :-)

cheers
Neil