RedHat 5.1 boot disk

Timothy Weaver TWEAVER at els.com
Wed Sep 9 10:13:08 PDT 1998

Can anyone point me to an existing boot disk image for RedHat 5.1 that contains an updated version of the AIC7XXX driver which supports the AIC-7890 chipset? Or even information on how to create such a disk?

I did get the patch and installed it into the source tree on an existing Linux box. I then tried recompiling the kernel and placing a copy of that new kernel on the RedHat 5.1 boot disk. However, it didn't work.

I know the driver support for that chipset is still developmental, but I would like to get Linux running on a new PowerEdge 2300 which uses that chipset.

Thanks.