[Fwd: success with ASUS P2B-S (AIC7890) and hints]

Alex Farber alex at kawo2.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Sep 8 15:17:48 PDT 1998

Louis Cheung wrote:
> > Finally after the installation, I had the problem to make lilo
> > use the MBR of the /dev/sda, it kept telling "not the first disk",
> About your problem, it bother me too. But I found a work
> around.

Hi Louis,

no, I actually solved the problem with not recognizing
SCSI-drive as first disk by adding the following lines to
lilo.conf:

disk=/dev/sda
bios=0x80
disk=/dev/hda
bios=0x81

I tells lilo to consider /dev/sda as the 1st drive (BIOS number 0x80)

Greetings
Alex

--
http://www.simplex.ru/pref.html