7895 and 2.0.35 aic7xxx

Ashley Drees ash at trellick.gn.apc.org
Sun Sep 6 13:15:25 PDT 1998

I have NOT been able to get the 7890 onboard to run.. no way.. in the
2.0.35 kernel it tells you that the 7895 is supported so you may have more
luck... i have a running system as I bought a buslogic to install the, and
now I need to get the aic7xxx driver to work to use the onboard... will
let you know how I get on with the patch that I have downloaded..

On Mon, 7 Sep 1998, Bench wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 02:00:07 +0800 (CST)
> From: Bench <bench at boracay.surfshop.net.ph>
> To: Ashley Drees <ash at trellick.gn.apc.org>
> Subject: Re: 7895 and 2.0.35  aic7xxx
>

> Look for the driver in ftp.dialnet.net.
> I'm about to install Redhat 5.1 with Adaptec 7890 chipset, please tell me
> if you've been successful with it.
>

> On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Ashley Drees wrote:
>
> > I am a new user to this list as I am having problems with and ASUS/P2 with
> > AIC 7890 embedded controller. I have redhat 5.1 and kernel 2.0.35.
> >
> > In reading the docs for the kernel, I see that the 7895 is supported but
> > the 7890 is not mentioned. I guess that means that with this version of
> > the kernel I will not be able to use the onboard controller.
> >
> > I have got a running system by adding a BusLogic card to access the
> > devices, but need to free up the buslogic card as soon as I can.
> >
> > Has anyone any news or views?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> > To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-aic7xxx" in the body of the message

Ash

Tel:     44 (0)181 968 3556
Fax:     44 (0)181 960 5877
Pager:   44 (0)1523 70 86 32