evaluation is not bigotry

Ross Harvey ross at teraflop.com
Sun Sep 6 13:05:02 PDT 1998

> From: "Reinhold J. Gerharz" <rgerharz at erols.com>
>
> At 19:41 09/06/1998 +0200, Erik Elmgren wrote:
> >Some persons, myself included, have problems cold-booting linux
> >with it. We have to boot win nt first <shudder>, ant then warm-boot
> >linux.
>
> Why do some people feel obligated to say something disparaging about
> Microsoft in order to fit in with the Linux crowd? With all the bigots
> in the world, do we really need Operating Systems Bigots?
>
> If NT makes you shudder, why did you install it?

NT doesn't make me shudder. It makes me barf. And I, for one, don't insult
Micro$haft in order to fit in with the Linux crowd, I insult them to fit
in with the BSD crowd. :-)

He probably installed it because Micro$haft has used their monopoly in
operating systems to establish monopolies in application and other areas,
so he had no choice.

And that is why they are going on trial later this week.