Report : RH5.1 runs on P2B-DS OK !!

Louis Cheung Louis at atmosphera.com.au
Wed Sep 2 19:56:01 PDT 1998

Dear All,

Many thanks to Doug Ledford for developed aic7xxx driver.
And the people at bylander at cs.utsa.edu.
"http://www.cs.utsa.edu/research/AI/bylander/linux/dell-precision.html"
I finally get RH5.1 running on ASUS P2B-DS with a seagate SCSI harddisk.

The only problem that I have now is to get the NE2000 network card
working. Since bylander's install image don't support NE2000 for some
reason. But at least we have Red Hat Lunix 5.1 running !! : )

If you running SuSE Linux, you can try the following boot disk:
ftp://ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx/boot_disks/5.1.0-pre8/SuSE/bootdisk.
img

There's a 1600k boot image for RedHat 5.1
ftp://calculix.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/juergen/aic7xxx/boot-images/b
oot-rh5.1+.img
ftp://calculix.mathematik.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/juergen/aic7xxx/boot-images/s
upp-rh5.1+.img
that I wanted to try. But not sure how to create it under DOS.

Any one knows:
How am I going to create Install / Boot images?
Please assume that I don't even know the step to recompile a kernal. : )

Good Luck !!

Louis the newbee