zImage stop

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Thu Oct 22 15:25:55 PDT 1998

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Herb Theriault wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>         While running zImage to include the aic7xxx driver in the kernel
> (RH5.1), this error msg appeared
> [make 3] ***No rule to make target 'aic7xxx_seq.c', needed by
> 'aic7xxx.o'. Stop

I got this recently on a make from the latest sources.  I did a make
config; make clean; make dep; make bzImage and the second time it
worked.  Did you rerun the config utility or just patch in the sources?
Sometimes the dependencies change a bit and a bare remake won't work...

   rgb

> The process came to a full stop and did not produce a file. Is there an
> rpm, or other way to replace all necessary files? Thanks for any info.
>
>                                                 -Herb Theriault
>
> herb at hfx.andara.com
>

> To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at FreeBSD.org
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-aic7xxx" in the body of the message

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu