Prblem with AIC7890

Krzysztof Jagiello jeegeet at NSMA.Arizona.EDU
Thu Oct 15 11:08:20 PDT 1998

> Hi, i have a Adaptec 7890AB Chipset on my Asus P2B-S Mainboard, and
> i have several problems with intense disk access.
> After a while of Disk access the complete System halts, my HD Led is
> turning steady red, and syslog shows messages like:
> SCSI Host 0 abort .... resetting
> blah blah ... SCSI bus is being reset.
> after this reset it works fine again. Until the next disk attack.
> Is this due to alpha stage of the drivers, or my Termination (i can't
> imagine, winblows runs fine and no file errors at all)
> Or do i have my Bios configured wrong.
> Any clue would be great.
> I had the same problem with my old ASUS P2L97-S  with onboard AIC 7880,
> after a little configuration in the bios it ran.

Looks like the driver is still under development. Doug Ledford was
advicing once to try the driver with no_reset option. It worked for me,
but I am running only a CD_R on my SCSI bus (on P2B-LS MB).

Everything may also depend on which version of the kernel and driver you
are running. Mine is 3.0.35 - kernel with 5.1.2 AIC7xxx patch.

K.