Ultra with 20MB/s od AIC7890 ????

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 12:54:28 PST 1998

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Neil Conway wrote:

> Doug Ledford wrote:
> >
> > That will be fixed in 5.1.5 (a bug introduced by myself accidentally while
> > dealing with YANSF (Yet Another New Seeprom Format)).
>
> I don't suppose it's a quickneasy fix ?  I'm about to bring a production
> machine back on-line this evening for a (hopefully) multi-week run and
> it'd be nice to get the interface back up to speed, as I'll probably not
> get another chance for many weeks...  If it's only a two-liner I could
> just patch the kernel.
>
> sorry to hassle you - the driver is great in all other ways.

It is quick and easy.  Around line 8352 make the code look like:

    if (p->flags & AHC_NEWEEPROM_FMT)
    {
      if (sc->device_flags[i] & CFSYNCHISULTRA)
      {
        p->ultraenb |= mask;
      }
      else if (sc->device_flags[i] & CFNEWULTRAFORMAT)
      {
        if ( ((sc->device_flags[i] & (CFSYNCHISULTRA | CFXFER)) == 0x03)
&&
             !(p->features & AHC_ULTRA2) )
        {
          sc->device_flags[i] &= ~CFXFER;