Drive constantly grinding ...

There can be only one. bleh at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 15 09:33:00 PST 1998

Hello everyone!

I don't know if this has anything to do with the SCSI Controller or
what,
but I recently put in a third hard drive -- a Seagate Baracuda -- and it
every 5 seconds or so goes "click-click", like it's doing a drive read,
but always the same noise ... "click-click".  My old drives didn't do
this,
and this happened even before I was using the drive (ie, when it was
sitting
unpartitioned in my powered-up case).

It's probably not a big deal, but it's annoying.  It's on the Ultrawide
channel of my Adaptec AIC-7895 Ultra SCSI host adapter sharing with a
couple of IBM drives.  If anyone out there knows what's going on, give
me
a email please ... if not, like I said, it's probably not a big deal.
I'll
just slowly go insane ... click-click, click-click .... ;-)

--

|        ,..       | Need a place to run your MUCK/MUD?  Need a shell
|
|     ("\|||/")    | account?  Email account?  Contact me or visit
|
|      //6_6\\     | http://serpentine.dyn.ml.org
|
|     ./(_Y_)\`
|     '//`-'\\`    | root at serpentine.dyn.ml.org, tanabi at bellsouth.net,
|
|     //|||||\\    | bleh at bellsouth.net, sdconley at eos.ncsu.edu