Prblem with AIC7890

Karl-Heinz Herrmann k.-h.herrmann at fz-juelich.de
Fri Nov 6 01:44:27 PST 1998

Hi!

I don't know anything of the drives from the original mail,
but wit your drives it's probably the Quantum XP... with rev L912.
My VP.. Quantum drive with Rev. L912 allways gae me a queue full under
heavy load which resulted in a bus reset.
Since upgrade to L915 it's ok now.

My drive is a wide (non ultra?) Saturn VPsomething, but since your
drive has the same Revision numbers there is probably also an upgrade for
it at:
ftp://ftp.quantum.com

You will need a program from the utilities section and the upgrade from
the Disk firmware section. When I did my upgrade the site layout was quite
different so I can't tell you much more about where to get what.

I hope this helps,

Karl-Heinz

E-Mail: Karl-Heinz Herrmann <k.-h.herrmann at fz-juelich.de>
Date: 06-Nov-98      Time: 10:38:58