scsi speed questions...

MATTHEW ETTUS matthew.ettus at Sun.COM
Fri Mar 27 09:49:33 PST 1998

I have a aic7895 dual channel controller on my MB.  I have the following
drives:

Ultra-Wide AV Hard drive
Zip Drive  Narrow, SCSI-2 (I think its 2)
CD ROM, also narrow, and also scsi 2 I believe

Anyway, the UW is on Channel A, on the wide connector
The two narrow drives are on the Channel A narrow connector

My question...

	Does the presence of non-ultra drives on the same channel, but
different chain, cause the UW drive to behave as a Fast Wide drive.
I.e. does it have to drop its speed to be compatible with the other
drives?  If so, whats the best way to handle this?  I would move the
narrow drives to Channel B, but Channel B does not have a narrow
connector.

Thank
Matt