Iwill Motherboard

Dieter Rothacker dieter.rothacker at Xterminator.STUDFB.UniBw-Muenchen.de
Tue Mar 24 22:31:48 PST 1998

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 23:15:00 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Ed Greenberg wrote:
>
>> SCSI host 0 abort (pid 9085) timed out - resetting
>> SCSI bus is being reset for host 0 channel 0.
>>

>I know everyone else is going to suggest this as well, but check your
>cables and termination. I had slews of termination with the host adaptor
>"automatic" terminaton enabled... Only when I set this option explicitly
>did the problems go away.

This is not necessarily the cause of the problems.
The messages Ed describes are exactly what I got from the 4.1 driver when
using two fast Micropolis AV drives on one channel.

Ed, I suggest upgrading to 2.0.33 with aic7xxx version 5.0.5 at least.
5.0.5 has been working perfectly with my drives for some weeks now, and that
is a software-raid0-striped fileserver, doing much data throughput every
day...

Doug Ledford even made this very easy for Redhat users: look at
ftp://ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx

There should be modified bootdisks that inlcude the new driver for Redhat
distributions.

--
Dieter Rothacker