7895 and linux

Doug Ledford dledford at dialnet.net
Tue Mar 24 10:59:38 PST 1998

MATTHEW ETTUS wrote:

> I am new to this list, sorry if this is a FAQ.  Feel free to reply
> directly if it is...
>
> I bought a MB with a 7895 on it, and was told that the linux driver for
> this now works.  I looked in the code in linux-2.1.90 for the aic7xxx,
> and didn't see anything about the 7895 (maybe I looked in the wrong
> place).  I compiled it anyway, but the module won't install.  It says
> device busy.
>
> Is the driver somewhere else?  Do I need to specify commands to the 7895
> driver? Help...

The version of the driver that works on the 7895 chipset under linux is the
aic7xxx-5.0.x driver series.  The patches can be found at ftp.dialnet.net in
/pub/linux/aic7xxx.  These patches are against 2.0.33, so you'll need to
downgrade your kernel.  As for any options, just check the README.aic7xxx
file in /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi after you have applied the patch.

--

 Doug Ledford  <dledford at dialnet.net>
  Opinions expressed are my own, but